Social media – the incredible growth of Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and others has resulted in new pools of potential customers and new methods to target, reach and convert them.
We use a structured, disciplined approach to assist clients in developing and implementing effective social media marketing strategies and plans.
- Category role — What role does the social media play in your category or sector today, and how might that change over time?
- Target audience — How and why are your customers and potential customers interacting with social media today?
- Company objectives —What do you want to accomplish with social media? What are the underlying marketing objectives – to drive awareness, convert customers, retain customers, increase referrals?
- Strategic Plan – What approach will you take to meet the needs and interests of your audience in order to meet your own? Is your goal merely to have a presence on Facebook or are you planning to invest in a comprehensive program that integrates social media, web, and offline channels?
- Social Media Tactics and Tools – What social media marketing tactics and corresponding technologies and tools will you use to implement the plan?
- Metrics – How will you measure and monitor success according to the objectives you’ve identified?
There are some key success factors necessary for successful social media marketing:
Start with a plan, not tactics. Start by answering the questions that are asked earlier. The answers to these will go a long way in helping develop the strategy
Listen first, respond second. Successful social media marketing programs involve spending more time getting information, so you’re equipped to give your readers something of value
Commit resources to be successful. Having a dormant social media program is all too common. You need to be very clear about who, what, where, when and how content will be created.
Integrate social media marketing with other digital efforts, and plan and track accordingly, which requires a confirmed touchpoints strategy and plan.