Our Approach to Website Design & Development
Your website is the centre of your digital marketing, content and messaging strategy. Everything you do online – e-commerce, social media, email marketing, SEO and paid search –is easier to roll out and manage when it’s centred around a specialized website designed to capitalize on customer conversion and integrated to other systems such as a CRM and marketing automation platform.
Instead of taking a brief based on what your competitors are doing (the usual methodology), we take a strategic, researched, customer-focused approach to website design and development, with an emphasis on attracting, engaging, educating and converting customers. Our attention is on business impact, not a design fixated strictly on visual appeal which doesn’t necessarily achieve anything.
Who We Work With
We’ve collaborated for years with WebRabbit Media, a boutique Cape Town-based agency whose mission is to put beautiful, effective and cost-effective websites into the hands of inspired entrepreneurs and established businesses. For smaller businesses they’ve created a range of simple but elegant WordPress template designs that can be adapted without too much customization, resulting in real cost savings. For those who have more exacting requirements, we offer higher levels of customisation and will design from scratch. Whether you are big or small the process remains the same and starts with research, brainstorming and customer insight.
We work with easy to use Content Management Systems (CMS), with WordPress is the preferred approach, which allows for a better user experience, easier modifications to web designs, such as changing copy or creating a new section of the site, and you aren’t tied down or lose control to a developer or third party business. We can also assist with creating landing pages, setting up and developing A/B testing, and developing new campaigns to attract more leads.
How the Design and Development Process Works
- We start with Target Market Persona Development and Customer Journey Mapping to understand buying behaviour and the emotive factors that drive action.
- We then create navigation structure, site architectures and wireframes. Wireframes are used to guide website design and prioritize key elements of a page.
- Next, we work with designers to overlay web look and feel onto the design, executing against a brand development brief.
- We can work with either your in-house design department or work with independent designers, mapping design styles to the confirmed wireframes, sitemap and brand brief.
- We can even schedule a training session and if you have some basic IT and image processing skills you could design your own site based on agreed wireframes.
- Once the designs are approved, we develop the site.
- Finally, we organise seamless integration with your other digital assets, including blogging, social media marketing, search marketing, email marketing applications and others.
Indicative Smaller Business Website pricing
One of our aims is to bring attractive, professional websites within the reach of entrepreneurs, small businesses and startups, on a limited budget. The cost of your site is determined by how many pages you need, what content goes on the pages, and how much customisation you want to get the look exactly right. As a rough guide, we offer four pricing and service levels. We include a valuable scaled down version of our full strategic marketing process with all small-business website design and development.