Let’s test which bait is the best for hunting in your target market?
To put it another way – which is the best benefit-based solution that satisfies your target customer rational and emotional needs?
Market feedback is the best way to optimise your business value propositions. The goal is to get together several options and test them before diving in 100% and investing resources in full development or implementation tasks. The process can be used for many strategic purposes, from positioning to messaging and new product development. Customer need areas and problems are used as a platform for developing statements, written to get across the core benefit or solution you can offer in slightly different ways.
Market feedback is to help determine which is the most preferred value proposition and why. This documented information is essential to refining and narrowing the list of ideas, content, messaging, calls to action, and sales pipelines for subsequent development.
To fully optimize product or brand positioning concepts and based on target consumer input we carry out the following:
- Conduct simple focus groups exposing the initial positioning concepts to assess concept appeal, target relevancy and differentiation
- Specific concepts and messaging components are probed and prioritized and tested for relevance and distinctiveness
- Concepts are changed, added or dropped between groups, drawing on target feedback
- “Look and feel” can be probed to gain an understanding of fulfilment potential for leading vs. current positioning
- Review and select the “winning” propositions
- Prepare a report of qualitative research findings, including strengths and weaknesses of all tested concepts
We’re now in a position to get together the strategy and action plan.